Monday, August 11, 2008

What uninspiring weather

It's been cold and wet here in my little corner of the Derbyshire Peak District too so I decided to get down to some belated tidying of my sewing room at long last. I've spent a very productive afternoon sorting out all of my embroidery threads and fabrics. Now that's done I can get down to some serious sewing and make some more things for my stall at our local Victorian Weekend which is held every September. I'm designing some Victorian style perfumed sachets at the moment which I am hoping will sell well. The only problem is, with the weather being so bad I keep on drifting off into thoughts of what to make for Christmas!! I'm praying for a heatwave to get me back on track into summer mode as I'm not sure that primitive snowmen shelf sitters will sell too well in September. Back in June I had visions of sitting out in my garden this summer doing some leisurely sewing and enjoying the sunshine. Even my roses have given up waiting for the summer sun now and I've only had a few blooms this year compared to previous years when they have flowered right through until October.

No comments: